1/2 cup cornmeal
1 cup brown rice flour
¼ cup soya flour or chickpea flour
¼ cup arrowroot or potato flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
¼ cup oil
½ tsp light stevia
1½ cups almond, rice or cocnut milk
½ lemon juiced
1 tsp lemon rind
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup dates, chopped
- Mix dry ingredients together and make a well in the center.
- Mix in walnuts and dates
- Add oil, milk and lemon juice.
- Mix just until all the liquid is absorbed – do not over mix. Mixture may be a bit lumpy which is okay.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into oiled muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated 400º oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
Note: All the tasty recipes at Real Food For Life are vegetarian, gluten-free and white sugar-free. We invite you to check more of them out by browsing the recipe category section on the right sidebar and above. I teach you how to make healthy desserts like the muffins in my Healthy Baking Class.
I also teach you how to plan and prepare healthy gluten free meals with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet and Detoxes.