1/2 cup cornmeal
1 cup brown rice flour
¼ cup soya flour or chickpea flour
¼ cup arrowroot or potato flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt or (Himalayan salt)
¼ cup oil
½ tsp light stevia
1½ cups almond, rice or coconut milk
½ lemon juiced
1 tsp lemon rind
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup dates, chopped
Plus oil for muffin tin
- Mix dry ingredients together and make a well in the center.
- Mix in walnuts and dates
- Add oil, milk and lemon juice.
- Mix just until all the liquid is absorbed – do not over mix. The cornmeal muffin mixture may be a bit lumpy which is okay.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into oiled muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated 400º oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
Enjoy your cornmeal muffins with a healthy beverage.
Cornmeal Porridge – This is my favourite porridge. Some call it grits, others polenta or mush. Here is the basic version which can be dressed up however you please.
Gluten Free and Vegan Cornmeal Pancakes – This recipe is my version of pancakes without the milk or eggs.
Note: All the tasty recipes at Real Food For Life are vegetarian, gluten-free and white sugar-free. We invite you to check more of them out by browsing the recipe category section on the right sidebar and above. I teach you how to make healthy desserts like the muffins in my Healthy Baking Class.
I also teach how to plan and prepare healthy gluten-free meals with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet and Detoxes.