Here is a fun crunchy salad for any time when you would like a more filling salad.
4 medium carrots
pieces of celery
1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds, soaked or roasted
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in a hot pan (no oil)
- When they are golden remove from the heat
- Drizzle Braggs Seasoning or tamari on them
- Coarsely grate carrots
- Slice radishes into half moons
- Slice celery
- Cut the fennel into quarters and then slice thinly (also use the fennel greens)
- Serve with a healthy salad dressings; there are a couple in the chapter: ‘Real Food Recipes’ and ‘Greens for You Recipes’
Note: This recipe is specific for our 2-5-30 Healthy Diets. We use it mostly in our winter and fall.
Check it out here by clicking on this link: 2-5-30 Healthy Diet.