This is a very tasty meal which does take a little extra time to prepare but it is worth it.
Creamy Chickpea Pie Filling
1. Saute onion, cumin, coriander, and cardamom in a little vegetable oil.
2. Add chickpeas, salt and tahini.
3. Mix together, adding more water if necessary for a creamy sauce.
4. Set aside.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Pour into Rice Pie Shell.
Bake at 450º for 25 – 35 minutes.
Rice Pie Shell
1 cup cooked short grain brown rice
2 Tbsp. Chickpea flour
2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1/2 to 2/3 cup water
1. Oil pie pan well.
2. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
3. Add a little water to rice and chickpea flour to form a sticky dough-like mixture.
4. Press rice into pan to form a pie shell.
5. Pour in Creamy Chickpea Pie Filling.
6. Bake at 450 F for 25 – 35 minutes.
PS: I like to use Raw Organic Sesame Seeds and buy lots at the same time at a good price.