This vegan pesto is easy to make tastes great! Toss with pasta or serve with bread or crackers for an appetiser.
1. First, put olive oil first into the blender; then add chickweed, blend until smooth.
2. Next add cashews and garlic; blend till they are ground.
3. Now add salt and nutritional yeast; blend till smooth.
4. Pesto is best to not be completely smooth; a little texture is good.
5. Add 1/3 cup chopped cashews and mix in at the end.
Adjust amounts to your own taste.
Pesto keeps very well; it is delicious the next day and it freezes well too.