This is a parody of the “Sexy and I Know It” song. It is good for a laugh AND you may be inspired to eat organic!
We will let you decide if they really do make organic sexy but in any case, it is entertaining.
Check out this list of the foods that normally have the MOST pesticides and herbicides.
It’s called the Dirty Dozen!
Do you ever wonder why some people have a very long life? Check this out!
Bernardo LaPallo is 111 years old! He truly looks and acts like he is 80 or even younger.
This man has never been sick a day in his life! He is a big fan organic fruits and vegetables. Bernardo regularly consumes these 5 foods which his father who was a doctor told him to eat. His father lived a long life too to 98 years old.
“You are what you eat!” says Bernardo
Daily he solves crossword puzzles and read books to keep his mind sharp.
We believe these foods are so good that we have written about them and have lots of recipes with them in. Click on any of the foods for more information.
The 5 Foods that Bernardo LaPallo Eats
- Reduces Cholesterol: There many studies that confirm that garlic in several forms can reduce cholesterol. – The Journal of the Royal College of Physicians
- Is an Healthy Aphrodisiac! Tibetan monks were forbidden from entering the monasteries if they had eaten garlic.
- An Anti-oxidant: Researchers have widely believed that the organic compound, allicin acts as the world’s most powerful antioxidant. – Research Sheds Light on Health Benefits of Garlic
- Antibiotic: The allicin in garlic is also a powerful antibiotic , which fights infection and bacteria. – Antimicrobial properties of allicin from garlic.
- Prevents cancer and heart disease: Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
- Reduce ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders.
- Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fungal: “All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide,” said Peter Molan, director of the Honey Research Unit at the University of Waikato in New Zealand.
- Increase athletic performance. Ancient Olympic athletes would eat honey and dried figs to enhance their performance. Also, reduces cough and throat irritation.
Cinnamon has been used for nausea, hyperacidity, to promote good digestion, IBS, diarrhea, flues and colds, body lice, improved sugar metabolism, colic, as an antimicrobial (esp. the essential oil), and to stimulate good circulation.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- May improve your ability to see in low-contrast situations, such as poor weather according to study, from England’s University of Reading in 2011.
- The fiber in chocolate has been shown to reduce the rate of colorectal cancer.
- Cocoa has anti-clotting, blood-thinning properties. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Chocolate has been shown to repair liver cells after alcohol consumption.
- Helps lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol.
- Reduces colon, breast and skin cancers.
- Lowers the incidence of gallstones.
- Helps control blood sugar levels.
- Polyphenols in olive oil act as anti-inflammatory properties.
Note: make sure you are consuming real olive oil.
Walter Breuning was the world’s oldest man; he died aged 114 on April 14, 2011 .
“If you keep your mind busy and keep your body busy, you’re going to be around a long time.” he said on his 112 birthday he sharing one of his secrets to a having a long life.
May you enjoy a healthy long life.
There Are Many More Powerfoods
Get recipes with these healthy foods and health […]
This is part 2 to our first 3 minute smoothie from 2 weeks ago. The bloopers were mistakes I made when I tried to have my daughter tape me. In the last cut you will see that the blender has sprayed green smoothie over the cupboards without me noticing for some time.
To be inspired about the benefits of green smoothies read 10 Reasons to Eat Green Smoothies
This simple addition to your daily food has quite literally changed people’s lives. This was one of the recipes we talked about in the Radiant Energy and Healthy Slimness course. The ingredients include: 10-12 almonds, 1 apple, 2 plus cups of organic baby spinach. Enjoy
More green smoothie recipes
Get healthy recipes and tips sent to your mailbox once a week with more information about these foods, subscribe to the newsletter.
Copyright © Diana Herrington www.RealFoodforLife.com