This stuffed eggplant makes a delicious savory main course for dinner and it is super easy to make.
So, what are pulses? Pulses are part of the legume family; they are the dried seed of the legume plants. Pulses come in many shapes, sizes, and colours such as lentils, chickpeas, black beans and kidney beans to name a few. They are full of so many health benefits and are environmentally friendly too.
6 Health Benefits of Pulses […]
This stew is easy to make and filled with nutritious ingredients.
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, sliced
3 carrots, sliced
1 cup fresh corn or frozen
1 cup cooked short grain brown rice
2 – 5 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups cooked black beans
1 piece of Wakame Seaweed, rinsed and broken into pieces
2 – 6 tbsp. Tamari
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Cook black beans for 2 – 3 hours the time is dependent on the age of the beans. (cook according to this recipe)
- Saute onions in a little oil.
- When beans are soft, add Wakame and cook for another few minutes.
- Then add onions, celery, red pepper, carrots, corn and garlic.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour or till vegetables are tender.
- Mix in brown rice and add Tamari to taste.
Get healthy tasty vegan gluten free recipes and useful lifestyle tips
sent to you once a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals
with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.
This sweet bell peppers recipe is a favourite of mine. It’s yummy, beautiful and nutritious! The recipe is vegan and gluten free too.
Bell peppers, with their sweet taste, crunchiness and vivid bright colours, will make your meal beautiful and add many health benefits to your meal too. They can lower the risk of prostate cancer, help repair bones, help prevent anemia and are a wonderful food for weight loss!
Learn more about Bell Peppers, the Colorful Powerfood!
Photo Directions: (Complete Recipe Below)
Slice off top of peppers and clean out inside seeds. Steam peppers and tops for 5 minutes.
Sauté onion and mushroom in oil for 5 minutes and mix in the remaining ingredients.
Stuff mixture into green pepper shells.
Cover with pepper tops and place into baking dish.
Bake at 350º F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
To serve cut the peppers in half.
Serve with Tahini Cream Sauce.
Here is the full recipe:
Sweet Bell Peppers Stuffed with Wild Rice
3 Bell Peppers
1/2 Small Onion (Chopped Finely)
1/4 Pound Mushrooms
1 Tbsp Almond or Coconut Oil
1 Cup Long Grain Brown Rice (Cooked)
1 Cup Wild Rice (Cooked)
½ Cup Frozen Corn
¼ Cup Parsley (Chopped)
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
1. Slice off top of peppers and clean out seeds inside.
2. Steam peppers and tops for 5 minutes.
3. Sauté onion and mushroom in oil for 5 minutes.
4. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
5. Stuff mixture into green pepper shells and cover with pepper tops.
6. Place into baking dish.
7. Bake at 350º F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
8. To serve cut the peppers in half.
9. Serve with Tahini Cream Sauce.
Tahini Cream Sauce
This is a very simple and quick sauce to make.
1. Put tahini in a small deep bowl.
2. Slowly add water and blend with a fork.
3. At first it will make a thick sauce.
4. Add water until it is a creamy sauce.
5. Add more water if you would like it thinner.
6. Use on top of steamed vegetables or a grain like brown rice.
More delicious rice recipes:
This is a very nutritious stew with 4 of the 12 Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods. It is an easy stew to make.
1 bunch Broccoli
1 cup shredded Cabbage
1 large Onion
2 large Carrots
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tsp fresh Ginger, grated
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Himalayan salt
Black Pepper to taste
1 – 2 cups Water
1. Remove skins from onions, chop fine.
2. Sauté onion in coconut oil till golden brown in a large sauce pan.
3. Add spices, sauté for a minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add 1 cup of water and cook for 10 minutes to make flavourful stock.
5. Chop the rest of the broccoli into 1 inch pieces and carrots into slices.
6. Pour stock into a saucepan.
7. Place all vegetables into a saucepan.
8. Add just enough water to half cover the vegetable.
9. Cover with lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes till almost tender, stir occasionally.
10. Don’t overcook the vegetables till they’re mushy; it will taste better if there is a slight crunch to the vegetables.
Try this Anti-Inflammatory Salad and Salad Dressing:
Get healthy tasty vegan gluten free recipes and useful lifestyle tips sent to youonce a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my
2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.
This anti-inflammatory salad is very nutritious with 4 of the 12 Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods. It is an easy salad to make and eat all of it in one sitting. Put it in a big bowl and just eat it. I do that all of the time.
- Mix greens together in a bowl.
- Mix in celery, yellow pepper and grated beet.
- Sprinkle seaweed on top.
- Serve with Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Salad Dressing.
Alkaline Nutritional Tip: Did you know that Spinach, Celery, Parsley, Arugula, Bell pepper, and Beets are all alkaline forming.
You can also try this tasty Anti-Inflammatory Stew: