This bell pepper recipe is a favourite of mine! It’s yummy and gorgeous looking!
The recipe is vegan, gluten free and all the ingredients are healthy and nutritious.
Bell peppers, with their sweet taste, crunchiness and vivid bright colours, will make your meal beautiful and add many health benefits to your meal too. They can lower the risk of prostate cancer, help repair bones, help prevent anemia and are a wonderful food for weight loss!
Learn more about Bell Peppers, the Colorful Powerfood!
Photo Directions: (Complete Recipe Below)
Slice off top of peppers and clean out inside seeds. Steam peppers and tops for 5 minutes.
Sauté onion and mushroom in oil for 5 minutes and mix in the remaining ingredients.
Stuff mixture into green pepper shells.
Cover with pepper tops and place into baking dish.
Bake at 350º F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
To serve cut the peppers in half.
Serve with Tahini Cream Sauce.
Here is the full recipe:
Sweet Bell Peppers Stuffed with Wild Rice
3 Bell Peppers
1/2 Small Onion (Chopped Finely)
1/4 Pound Mushrooms
1 Tbsp Almond or Coconut Oil
1 Cup Long Grain Brown Rice (Cooked)
1 Cup Wild Rice (Cooked)
½ Cup Frozen Corn
¼ Cup Parsley (Chopped)
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
1. Slice off top of peppers and clean out seeds inside.
2. Steam peppers and tops for 5 minutes.
3. Sauté onion and mushroom in oil for 5 minutes.
4. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
5. Stuff mixture into green pepper shells and cover with pepper tops.
6. Place into baking dish.
7. Bake at 350º F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
8. To serve cut the peppers in half.
9. Serve with Tahini Cream Sauce.
Tahini Cream Sauce
This is a very simple and quick sauce to make.
1/4 cup Light Tahini (sesame butter)
1/4 – 1/2 cup Water (the reason there is such a variance in the water is because some tahini is thicker than others)
1 tsp Lemon juice
Vege Salt to taste
1. Put tahini in a small deep bowl.
2. Slowly add water and blend with a fork.
3. At first it will make a thick sauce.
4. Add water until it is a creamy sauce.
5. Add more water if you would like it thinner.
6. Use on top of steamed vegetables or a grain like brown rice.