Breakfast is an important part of the day so it’s a good idea to start with healthy whole foods.
This is a delicious smoothie that is extra healthy with the turmeric and chia seeds for you. A great breakfast!
Directions: Blend on high until smooth and enjoy!
Learn To Live and Cook Health Principles the Simple Way
You can learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals
with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.
Starting the day with a healthy breakfast is important and this muesli with figs does just that. The ingredients are all very nutritious and to top it off it is very filling.
2 cups steel cut rolled oats
2 cups quinoa flakes
1 cup almonds, sliced
½ cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup figs, sliced (if using fresh ones, only put them in just before eating.)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir until every ingredient is distributed in the mix.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serve with almond milk, coconut milk.
You can eat this raw straight out of the container.
Soak it in your choice of milk or water overnight.
Add water to a pot with 1/2 cup muesli and cook till soft.
Here are more tasty fig recipes:
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.
This Orange Honey Syrup is a much healthier syrup then the usual sugar based syrups on your pancakes or waffles. The zing of the orange make is very tasty.
1. Mix ingredients together.
2. Serve on pancakes or waffles
Note: All the tasty recipes at Real Food For Life are vegetarian, gluten-free and white sugar-free. We invite you to check more of them out by browsing the recipe category section on the right sidebar and above.
Honey Recipes and Beauty Treatments:
Honey Syrup contains the goodness and taste of both honey and molasses
Peanut Butter Bliss Balls The name says it all!
Carrot Face Mask The ingredients for this are already in your kitchen. Also called Honey Carrot Face Mask. Give it a try!
I also teach you how to plan and prepare healthy gluten free meals with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet and Detoxes.
Get healthy recipes and tips sent to your mailbox once a week with more information about these foods, subscribe to the newsletter.
- Put quinoa, water, salt and raisins into a small cooking pot with a lid.
- Bring to a boil.
- Then turn down to low and cook for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Make sure it is porridge like.
- Serve in bowl with either Tahini Cream Sauce or coconut oil and cinnamon.
Here is my favourite quinoa: truRoots Organic Quinoa 100% Whole Grain Premium Quality.
More quinoa recipes:
Get healthy tasty vegan gluten free recipes and useful lifestyle tips sent to you
once a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my
2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.
Copyright © Diana Herrington www.RealFoodforLife.com
I like the old fashioned oats as they have a fuller flavour and are healthier. You can eat this as a raw meal or make it into regular porridge. As they take longer to cook; I often soak them overnight but you do not have to.
- Put oatmeal, water and sultanas in a cereal bowl.
- Let them sit over night.
- In the morning add a little salt, shredded coconut and cinnamon.
- Enjoy your simple already made breakfast.
- Put oatmeal, water and sultanas in a saucepan.
- Let them sit over night; if you can.
- In the morning add a little salt.
- Bring to a boil then turn heat down and simmer, stirring frequently till thick, adding more water if necessary.
- Done this way, it is as fast as quick cooking oats and the bonus is the sultanas are plumb and juicy.
- Pour into a cereal bowl.
- On top put coconut oil and honey, then sprinkle cinnamon.
- Eat your warm oatmeal porridge.
If you did not get around to soaking overnight: Simply put oatmeal, water and sultanas in a saucepan, bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer, stirring frequently till thick, adding more water if necessary. Serve with extras on top.
Makes: 1 serving
Note: A more general oatmeal recipe can be seen at : Perfect Oatmeal Porridge
This recipe is specific for our Weight Loss BootCamp. Check it out!