1 cup water
4 cups almond milk or rice milk, warmed
2 Cinnamon bark sticks
1 squirt liqud stevia (or to desired sweetness)
2 – 3 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1/2 tsp ground cardamom or even better cardamom seed crushed.
1/4 tsp of cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Place spices into a pot and simmer with water for 15 minutes.
2. Add stevia.
3. You can strain the ginger and cinnamon if you want. I leave it in as I like the bits.
4. Add milk, simmer to hot and keep hot.
Get healthy tasty vegan gluten free recipes and useful lifestyle tips sent to you once a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my
2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.
This is a wonderful, refreshing summer drink for hot days.
1. Place cucumber and lemon or lime slices in a pitcher, and add just enough water to cover them.
2. Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
3. Add sparkling water to taste, and serve.
To get healthy recipes and tips sent to your mailbox once a week with more information about these foods, subscribe to my newsletter. You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my Healthy Diet Online Courses where you can register for a summer cleanse.
This recipe is a traditional tea in many desert countries like Morocco, Turkey, and Egypt. They drink this because it is so cooling.
Mint is not only cooling, but also energizing, refreshing, and good for digestion.
3 – 6 stalks of fresh mint, with stems
4 cups boiling water
1. Lightly crush the mint in your palms. Place in a teapot.
2. Pour boiling water over the crushed mint, put lid on the teapot.
3. Let it steep for 5 minutes.
4. Inhale the wonderful aroma of the mint deeply, now drink and enjoy!
OR for a cool drink, use half the water and put in cold water for the half after it has steeped.
To get healthy recipes and tips sent to your mailbox once a week with more information about these foods, subscribe to my newsletter. You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.
Would you like drink a health giving and tasty drink at the party? Try this alcohol free, sugar free punch.
When I first served it, people at my parties were so used to alcoholic punch, that they would start acting like they were drunk.
This proves you don’t need sugar or alcohol. Just friends, good drink and the intention to have fun. Let’s get high naturally.
Festive Fruit Punch
Enjoy this tasty non-alcoholic energy giving drink for your good health.
1 cup frozen organic strawberries
2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
2 Tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 mint tea bags
1 hibiscus tea bag
1 liter sparkling spring water
1/4 tsp – 1/2 tsp Liquid Stevia to taste
1 orange, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1 cup frozen organic raspberries
Handful fresh mint leaves
- Make 2 cups of tea with mint and hibiscus tea bags (let steep for 10 minutes).
- Blend strawberries, orange juice and lemon juice on liquefy speed (high speed) for approximately 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients are well-blended.
- Add tea and blend.
- Pour juice into punch bowl or a pitcher.
- Mix in sparkling water and stevia to taste.
- Add orange slices, lemon slices, frozen raspberries and mint leaves.
Eating healthy food for the holiday season! Perhaps that does not sound like fun.
Healthy food can be fun and yummy too. Best of all it will help you be healthy and your immune system from crashing with a flu or cold. Every year flus and colds peak after the holiday season. Let’s not be one of those statistics. Bonus: you may lose weight instead of gaining it.
What will keep you healthy and strong during the holiday season?
1. Eat Real Food! Our bodies were designed to digest real food.
Real Food is whole food in its most natural state. It is unprocessed or with very little processing. Real food does not need a label or fancy packaging. A lemon is a lemon. An onion is an onion. Real Food is a whole food that is life sustaining and nourishing. “My passion is to help everyone, get real food into their bodies!”
A healthy salad is often ruined by drenching it with a highly processed salad dressing from the super market that is filled with artificial flavorings, colourings, preservatives and sugar. Here is an easy healthy alternative.
Avocado Lemon Salad Dressing
This is so delicious on a salad and leftover dressing will last refrigerated for a few days.
- Blend oil, stevia and salt.
- Add lemon juice gradually blending till smooth.
- Add water and blend till smooth.
- Chop avocado and tomato and mix in with olive oil/lemon juice mixture.
NOTE: If there is a link on any ingredient in a recipe – it takes you to the the many powerful health benefits of that particular food. Some foods are so healthy we call them Powerfoods. Follow the link to that Powerfood to discover many little know benefits and facts.
2. Replace refined sugars with healthy sugars
I love sweets. As a child I was addicted to white sugar causing many health problems. Lots of refined sugar weakens the immune system making you vulnerable to developing chronic conditions. All that store bought cranberry sauce is full of sugar. It is simple to make your own and so much healthier.
Refined Sugar free Healthy Cranberry Sauce
- Put all ingredients into a sauce pan and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Taste and add more Stevia or Brown Rice Syrup if you like it sweeter.
3. Drink Healthy Beverages!
Drink 6 – 8 cups of clean water daily. It is energy draining to be dehydrated and causes you to eat more than you should. Alcohol is dehydrating and taxing on the immune system.
Would you like drink a health giving and tasty drink at the party? Try this alcohol free punch. When I first served it, people at my parties would start […]
Good for nausea and flatulence.
1 tbsp fresh (or 1 tsp dried) basil
1 1/4 cup of water
- Chop the basil into small pieces.
- Bring the water to a boil and then turn off the heat.
- Put the basil into the water and let it steep for five minutes.
- Strain out the leaves.
Would you rather take something healthy to the party? Everyone will love this.
2 liters of apple juice
3 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
Juice of one lemon
Grated peel of 1 lemon
Pinch of nutmeg
1. Put all ingredients in a big pot, preferably stainless steel or pyrex. Simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Do not let it boil or get very hot.
3. Serve hot.
Copyright © Diana Herrington You are welcome to share this article with anyone who you think may benefit from this information as long as you give credit to Real Food for Life by including the link to the home page www.RealFoodforLife.com or the direct link to the post.