The calories in an average orange are only 62.5 but more important for weight management and health are its many other powerful nutritional benefits. Discover why athletes, weight loss participants and everyday people choose the orange as their snack of choice.
Orange Nutrition Benefits For Health and Weight Management
- One orange contains all the vitamin C your body needs for the day. Vitamin C from natural food sources helps your liver to detoxify. A healthy clean liver is essential for weight management.
- Oranges are low in calories, contains no saturated fats or cholesterol.
- Oranges are rich in dietary fiber, pectin, which is very effective in persons with excess body weight. We use them both in our Weight Loss BootCamp and our Spring Cleanse Bootcamp. Toxins are stored in fat cells. If you are toxic you cannot lose that last 10 pounds now matter how you starve your body since your body is protecting you from those toxins by keeping them in storage.
- Orange fruit contains a variety of phytochemicals. Hesperetin, naringin, and naringenin are flavonoids found in citrus fruits.
- Oranges contain generous amounts of vitamin A precursors , and other flavonoid antioxidants such as alpha and beta-carotenes, beta-cryptoxanthin, zea-xanthin and lutein.
- Oranges contains minerals like potassium and calcium. Minerals are essential for acid/alkaline balance. A body that is too acidic cannot lose weight since that acid is considered a toxin which the body must store in its fat cells.
Nutrients Values Of Oranges : One Cup (165 gms)
- Energy (calories) 81
- Fiber content (g) 4.0
- Folate (mcg) 56
- Potassium (mg) 274
- Water (%) 87
- Protein (g) 2.0
- Sugar (g) 14
- Vit. A (mcg) 408
- Vit. C (mg) 97
- Vit. B1 (mg) 0.1
- Vit. B2 (mg) 0.1
- Vit. B6 (mg) 0.1
- Vit. E (mg) 0.2
Don’t Just Think About Nutrition – Live It
It’s easy to find a lot of health information on the web but very few actually apply it to their lives.
That is why we created the Weekend Web BootCamps. From the comfort of your home, you are guided through two days of perfect eating and food preparation. After the weekend you feel confident that you know how to eat properly. Your body remembers how good it felt too and so you will be encouraged to improve your eating habits.
Favorite BootCamps are:
Weight Loss BootCamp: Using food combining to boost your metabolism and shed the pounds.
Spring Cleanse BootCamp: A cleanse that you can enjoy almost any time of the year to get your body ready for life.
Acid/Alkaline Balance BootCamp: Balancing your body on this level offers a host of health benefits.