This is a sweet soup with beets, and a hint of orange flavour giving it an interesting twist.
2 medium beets
2 medium carrots, sliced into rounds
1 tablespoon sesame or almond oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon sweet marjoram
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup sugar snap peas, strung
4 cups water
1 tablespoon grated fresh orange rind
3/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
4 teaspoons sour cream (optional)
- Cut the beets into bite size chunks.
- In a stock pot over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Sauté the onion until it is translucent.
- Add marjoram and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add beets, carrots, onion mixture and water.
- Cook the soup, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar snap peas.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add orange rind, and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup with dollops of sour cream if desired.
Note: This recipe is specific for our Healthy and Lean BootCamp. Knowing how to make it is one thing, but knowing WHEN and WITH WHAT other recipes to combine it with, is what boosts your digestion and creates healthy slimness.
That is what we leaned on the Healthy & Lean BootCamp, which can now be enjoyed at any time – not just on the weekend. Check it out here…
Healthy & Lean BootCamp