When spring arrives our body is looking forward to a spring cleanse. The mineral-rich vegetables arriving in the spring are very helpful for detoxing. As we know: Nature does know best!
Here are seventeen of the best and favorite foods to easily include in your spring cleanse menu.
The foods best for a spring cleanse are usually…
- Alkaline forming
- Easy to digest
- High fiber content
- Nourish cleansing systems or organs
- High water content
- Full of anti-inflammatories
- Full of antioxidants
- 1. Dandelions are a powerful food that helps detox the liver.
2. Asparagus helps cleanse the kidneys and reduces water retention.
- Contains inulin which promotes the growth and activity of friendly bacteria in the intestines making it difficult for unfriendly bacteria to grow.
- Food highest in glutathione, an important anti-carcinogen.
3. Spinach is rich in Anti-Cancer and Anti-inflammatory antioxidants.
4. Lemons are a powerful detoxing fruit, containing lots of vitamin C which helps convert toxins into a water-soluble form that’s easily flushed away.
- Your liver is your largest cleansing organ, and loves lemons!
- They are the most alkaline forming food.
- Main ingredient of Master Cleanse (Lemonade Diet).
5. Radishes have a sulfurous mustard oil in them that stimulates the circulation system as well as the liver and kidneys to help with a detox.
- Very good for the skin because of high sulfur, silicon and vitamin C content.
- A good source of fibre.
6. Nettles are a super detox food that strengthens the liver, adrenal glands and kidneys.
- Rich in minerals
- Can ease seasonal allergy symptoms
- The stinging parts are destroyed during cooking.
7. Green tea helps flush toxins out of the system with antioxidant catechins, which increase liver function.
- Is full of polyphenols which produce extra heat in the body and burn calories so you can lose weight.
8. Green Peas are an easy to digest vegetable and they eliminate efficiently.
- Provide useful vegan protein to substitute for heavier proteins.
- Rich in anti-oxidents including flavinoids, carotenoids, phenolic acids and polyphenols
9. Fresh coriander leaves have been clinically proven to remove mercury.
This healing herb:
- Lowers blood sugar.
- Lowers bad cholesterol.
- Improves eye health.
10. Celery has anti-cancer compounds.
- Active phthalides relax artery walls to reduce blood pressure.
- Is a negative calorie food.
- The high fiber assists colon cleansing and weight loss.
- proven to protect liver cells from the damaging effects of alcohol and other toxins.
11. Artichokes are wonderful food for the liver and the gallbladder.
- They help detox harmful chemicals.
- Lowers high blood pressure.
12. Sesame seeds are a good source of easy to digest protein.
- Are full of amino acids called methionine and tryptophan, which helps the liver and kidneys to function and detox effectively.
13. Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant that increases anti-inflammatory enzymes in the liver.
- Turmeric powder has powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
- Improves Phase II liver detoxification. Reduced Phase II detoxification is associated with environmental sensitivities, fibromyalgia and CFS.
- Helps detoxify the blood.
- High content of vitamin C and sulphur in cabbage removes toxins.
- Helps keep blood pressure low because of its high potassium content by opening up blood vessels.
14. Citrus Fruits are high vitamin C needed to make glutathione which feeds liver.
- Reduces mucous.
- High amounts of pectin which is good for cleansing.
15. Cabbage activates detoxifying enzymes in the liver.
16. Garlic: Antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-cancer, garlic can clearly be named a powerfood.
- Garlic contains specific antioxidants and substances that play an important role in natural detoxification.
17. Pineapple helps cleanse and tone the pores in your lungs, which directly affect the elasticity of your lung sacs.
- Contains the enzyme bromelin, which helps expel intestinal worms from your lung pores.
- The bromelain is great for digestion.
Plus: Raw veggies are highly alkalizing and high in fiber, which helps cleanse the colon. Plus high sulphur vegetables (onions, carrots, artichoke, asparagus, kale, and beets) helps the liver detoxify harmful chemicals.
Want To Learn More About A Spring Cleanse?
- Best time to detox.
- Different kinds of detoxes.
- Foods and activities essential for a detox.
- Advanced detoxes.
This post was part of a one-hour video training called How To Detox With A Spring Cleanse. You can watch it here.
Or if you want to get started on a full cleanse
at a very discounted price for our readers:
Register for the advanced 2-5-30 Spring Cleanse