Doing this one simple thing will solve many of your nutritional worries. What you eat and how you live affects your acid alkaline balance.
Here are 10 tips to create that balance in your body.
“In my quest for health, the most important thing I learned, in 1996, was the principle of creating a pH balance in my own body.
This helped me regain my health more than any other food regime in my entire 39 years of looking for answers. ” Diana Herrington.
1. Eat lots of powerfood fruits and vegetables.
This is the one thing you can do that can make all the difference by helping balance out the body.
- Keep vegetables cut up in the fridge and have a big bowl of colorful fruit on your counter to snack on.
- Eat salad with your lunch and dinner; keep a salad made up in advance with all of the greens in it minus salad dressing, cucumbers and tomatoes, which you can add later.
2. Eat 80 percent alkaline foods, 20 percent acid foods by volume daily.
3. Chew your food well.
Saliva is alkaline and you can produce two gallons a day!
4. Drink 2-3 liters of pure water (not tap) per day.
Water alone can make all of the difference as many people are dehydrated keeping in all of the toxins which are acidic.
6. Avoid junk food as it is filled with artificial sweeteners, preservatives, artificial chemical substances and food coloring, which are all highly acid-forming.
Additionally, your body must work very hard in an effort to cleanse these toxins out.
7. Find ways to create relaxation in your body and being.
Listen to the birds or relaxing music, meditate, walk in nature…do whatever it is that creates relaxation in you.
8. Live in the light of the day.
We need sunlight. Go for walks, open your curtains and go to bed early enough to get up when the sun does.
9. Get enough sleep as insufficient sleep causes the body and mind to be overworked and unhappy.
10. Just because a food is acid-forming does not mean that it is bad!
It is not at all about excluding an entire family of foods or any foods – it is all about creating balance.
Alkalize your body with: Lemon Water (AKA Sugar-Free Lemon Aid)
This article is portion of my mini-ebook Balance Your Body. Check it out here Balance Your Body
Note: Besides knowing about alkaline balance I also teach you how to cook and combine meals in my Alkalize Your Body Web BootCamp.
We created these BootCamps and the 2-5-30 Healthy Diet so people would have skills and confidence to apply knowledge rather than just think about it or try and give up.